Saturday, August 29, 2009

9 months!

Today is Alex's 9 month birthday! Where did the time go?? He has made some nice strides during this past month. Alex now eats a lot of different table foods, has mastered holding a sippy cup by himself, and is getting the hang of holding his bottle by himself. He gets around (and into everything!) by army crawling now and as you can see by the pictures, he can now stand without us! If he can get a good grip, he can also pull himself up to a stand by himself. Such a big boy! He had his 9 month checkup earlier this week and everything looks great. Alex now weighs 19 lbs, 7 ounces and is 27.5 inches long. Our summer is coming to an end as Mom starts work and Alex starts daycare again on Monday. We're sad our vacation is over but boy did we have a fun summer!

"I love to stand!"


A picture for the grandpas

Alex and Rosco are friends again

Lunch out with our friends Bailey and Karla on
Friday in honor of our last day of summer.

6 comments:

Jill said...

He's such a big boy! Crazy how standing up makes him look so much older. Congrats on a great month, Alex! :)

Sara said...

I am glad to hear Rosco and Alex made up. Now if only Rosco and I could come to a truce.

Sam & Rachel said...

move the mattress down. That was scary for me the first time I walked in on G standing in her crib. I was so certain she would flip herself out. He does look like super big boy in these pics. Looking forward to seeing Alex next weekend.

Sara said...

I just realized Alex takes after me when he is getting his picture taken... his mouth is always open. :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! He's grown so much even since I met him!!

April said...

I'll bet Alex is ecstatic about the Badgers game today! He is looking so big!